Giving my all time favorite snack a spin with this Roasted Red Pepper Artichoke Hummus
Hummus is seriously one of my favorite things to make. It takes approximately 2.73 minutes… okay maybe 2.8 minutes if you take your time opening the can of garbanzo beans and perhaps few minutes longer if you take the time to peel the chickpeas which is worth every single second.
Typically I make hummus once a week and throw it together with some celery sticks, baby carrots or some homemade pita chips and call it a day! I’ve been known to jazz it up with any number of roasted veggies and herbs but this artichoke and roasted red pepper situation is SO good! And you probably have everything you need in your pantry right this very minute.
Red Pepper Artichoke Hummus
- 14 oz garbanzo beans PEELED drained and rinsed
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- Water as needed to smooth the hummus
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas by themselves for 1 minute until powdery clumps form. Scrape down the sides and blend again until everything is the same consistency.
- Add the roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, tahini, garlic, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, lemon juice and salt and blend until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until you get very smooth, light and creamy mixture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon if needed.
- Serve with pita chips or crudite