There’s really nothing more exciting than knowing that Christmas is around the corner and I have an excuse to eat Apple Crisp for breakfast and dessert every day of the week!
This classic apple crisp has been in the fam for years. My mom makes it for all special occasions and it’s easily my favorite holiday dessert. Especially served with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The streusel topping is out of this world and it’s hard to control myself – because given the opportunity, I’d eat nothing but the streusel bits with ice cream. Like many things that I eat, I consider it a game changer.
- 5-6 Granny Smith Apples
- 2-3 Fuji Apples
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Old Fashion Oats
- 1 cup Flour
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, core, quarter and slice the apples into 1/3 inch pieces. Pile the apple slices into decorative baking dish and sprinkle with the cinnamon, making sure to evenly layer the top of the apples.
- Use a pastry cutter to combine the butter, brown sugar, oats and flour and sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!