I’m currently all about sauce. Pesto sauce, Tzatziki sauce, you name it. It’s an easy way to jazz up and meal and this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta made with the most delicious Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is front and center today.
You see, I’ve devised a new plan in the kitchen when I’m feeling lazy. (and that happens far more than I’d like to admit) The plan involves shortcuts. Because who doesn’t love a little shortcut here and there. The key is to always have a few key things on hand at all times, so you can whip up a jazzy sauce like this one and make any ho-hum meal a star. This Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is made up of 100% pantry ingredients, aka things that I stock at all times. So if dinner is fast approaching, and I need to whip up something in a flash, I can grab all the pantry ingredients, throw them in a blender, and then use the sauce to pair with a simple pasta with peas and Parmesan.
This sauce is actually so delish you’ll probably want to eat it like a soup. And this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is sure to become a staple for your weeknight meals!
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- big shavings of parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to garnish
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted and skins removed
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. 1 minute before it’s done, add the peas. Drain the pasta and peas and set aside.
- Combine everything for the red pepper sauce in a blender, blend for 1-2 minutes, and then add half of the sauce to the pasta. Toss to combine. Add more sauce if needed.
- Serve on a large serving platter with shavings of parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!