This Grilled Flank Steak and Zucchini Noodles dinner is seriously making the most of zucchini and tomato season! It also helps satisfy my obsession with the Spiralizer. If everything starts being spiralized (is that even a word?) here on What’s Gaby Cooking… don’t be surprised. Just kidding! You can’t use it with avocados so there goes that idea.
I’m 100% not ready to admit that summer is almost over. Lucky for me, I have a few more weeks of gorgeous LA weather – and because I don’t yet have kids, I don’t have to worry about the back to school rush! So don’t mind me while I live in this little fantasy land I’ve created for myself and continue to pretend I’m on summer vacation for the foreseeable future. I’ll be eating these Zucchini Noodles with Grilled Flank Steak like it’s my job. Plus… no carbs!!!
Grilled Flank Steak and Zucchini Noodles
For the Flank Steak:
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Zucchini Noodles:
- 5 large green zucchini squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2-3 Large Colorful Heirloom Tomatoes
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get crisscross grill marks.
- Cook until medium/medium rare, or medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a spiralizer, cut the zucchinis into noodles
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the red pepper flakes, onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the wok and saute for 90 seconds. Remove the zucchini noodles from the heat and season with salt and pepper, and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain and place on top of the zucchini noodles. Serve immediately. Cut the heirloom tomatoes into wedges and nestle into the dish.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
I would love to be living in my own little bubble! It sounds GREAT! plus this dish looks gorgeous. I am equally obsessed with that freaking spiralizer!
Love spiralized zuke noodles and love that you’re in bubble-land! It’s a great place to be 🙂
What an elegant meal!! Now I’m going to spend the rest of my day trying to spiralize these avocados I just bought 😛
Serve me up, girl! Delish!
I’ve got to get myself a spiralizer! These zucchini noodles are making me hungry!
Thanks to you I now have a spiralizer! I love it!! zucchini noodles are the best!!
The spiralizer makes everything better! And I am not sure is “spiralizer” is really a word, because spell check always tries to correct me…HAHA! My favorite though is using it for zucchini! 🙂
I have so many zucchini right now, and no spiralizer. Woe is me, for this looks incredible.
Omg, Gaby – I’m obsessed with this meal!!! <3
I like that you chose to use garlic and red pepper flakes in your zucchini noodles. Really kicks up the flavor.
i really need to grill more, this steak looks so delicious. loving the idea of zucchini noodles too! yum!
Thank you for a great information.
Looks really yummy.
I like to eat Steak.