I mean, this weekend calls for a bit of a celebration don’t you think. Slutty Brownie Ice Cream Cake is the kind of celebration I want to have. This week has been crazzzzzy. And I’ve been getting way less sleep than usual. I’m an 8-9 hours of sleep kinda gal. What about you guys?
I’ve been like that for years. Should I only get a few hours of sleep I am a complete disaster. Like literally, I can’t even function. This week, I put my sunglasses in the refrigerator. Like, really? I’m clearly losing it. And then I searched for them for literally 20 minutes and finally decided that I must have left them in my car but was too lazy to go get them. A few hours later when I went to grab a hunk of havarti cheese (it was the right thing to eat at the time) I found them next to the OJ. Someone send help.
But I’ve been knee deep in avocados all week long and I loved every last second. If you haven’t already picked up a copy of Absolutely Avocados, nows the time! Especially because Cinco de Mayo is next weekend!! And you know there is some serious avocado eating in your future.
So anyways, after this crazy exciting and fun week, I’m ready to celebrate with some friends and eat some sugary decadent dessert. Slutty Brownie Ice Cream Cake. Yup. That’s the name of the game this weekend. Some seriously sinful slutty brownies topped with a few layers of ice cream and drizzled with ganache. It’s happening. Just accept it. And the deliciousness that comes with it.
Full disclosure… don’t try and eat 1/3 of this cake by yourself. Trust me, it doesn’t end well. This Slutty Brownie Ice Cream Cake is best served with about 8-9 friends.
So let’s do a little throw back to last year when we first started the slutty brownie obsession and step things up about 100 notches and make something crazy this weekend. Also, now that summer is almost here, let’s embrace the ice cream cakes and start rocking them more frequently.
And here’s a little tip. I just barely melted the 2 kinds of ice cream I used in the microwave and then poured it on top on the slutty brownies while it was still in the spring form pan. Then I froze it for a few hours and repeated the process with another kind of ice cream. It made life so easy – and it gave me perfectly straight layers of ice cream. For the type A personality in me, these kinds of things make me seriously happy.
Wham. Bam. Thank you ma’am. Slutty Brownie Ice Cream Cake is born.
After this is frozen for the final time, it's a bit tough to cut. I like to run my knife under warm water for a few seconds to make the cutting process even easier. And I also take it out from the freezer are 10-15 minutes before cutting into it, just so it has a little bit to warm up.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups caramel ice cream, slightly melted
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream, slightly melted
- ganache for drizzling
- For the Brownie layer:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- For the Cookie Dough layer:
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of the baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it's evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
- Once the cake is chilled and while it's still in a springform pan, pour one of the ice creams on top of the brownie layer. Transfer the entire dish to the freezer and freeze for 1-2 hours. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and freeze again.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or ganache and serve