Corn salsa is pretty much my life. Add some heat with a jalapeno and some depth with a poblano pepper and chances are you won’t be able to tear me away from the salsa bowl. (Yes, I’m totally that person at parties who will finish off all the salsa and/or guacamole, and I’m totally okay with that!)
So it only makes sense that I’m completely in love with this salsa. The freshly grilled corn makes this bright and cheerful salsa a hit at all my summer parties. And the jalapeno and poblano peppers give this dip a depth of flavor that is just kinda amazing. Depending on the crowd, I can add a little more heat and spice things up too! Of course there is always a margarita, and perhaps some guacamole to accompany the salsa – and then before you know it, you’ll have an awesome fiesta on your hands. This salsa is also great to throw on top of some grilled chicken, fish or steak!
In fact, when I made this a few days ago, I literally ate the entire things right out of the bowl, and it didn’t even make it to the dinner table. So I’m pretty sure you’re going to like it, and I’m excited that it’s my contribution to this weeks Summer Fest.
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups corn (about 4-5 cobs)
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your charcoal or gas grill to medium high heat. Cover so the grill retains its heat.
- Brush the poblano pepper and cobs of corn with olive oil. Place over the grill and let the pepper and corn develop grill marks, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
- Once cooled, chop the poblano pepper into small chunks, and remove the corn from the cob. Transfer these two things into a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the jalapeno, red onion, chives and lime juice. Toss together and taste. Adjust seasoning and add salt and pepper if desires.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Here’s a peak at what’s coming up in the following weeks:
August 17: Corn (Spicy Salsa anyone?!?)
August 31: Tomatoes
September 14: Broccoli
And here is my favorite part of Summer Fest – everyone gets to join in, click around and share your tips and recipes for the fabulous spring produce we are featuring!
So here’s how it works:
Go ahead and leave your tips/recipes/and favorite links in the comments below my Summer Fest post! Then click around to the other collaborators and do the same. Share your love for the recipe everywhere that way everyone gets to see it and join in on the conversation!! I can’t wait to see everyone’s ideas and get even more inspiration on what to do with all this summer produce.
And check out all my fellow contributors posts using fresh summer corn:
Glory Foods: Skillet Corn Muffins
CIA Dropout: Truffle Roasted Corn Kohlrabi Soup
Cooking Channel: Fresh Corn Muffins
Food for 7 Stages of Life: Corn on the Cob Korma
FN Dish: Southwest Corn Recipes
Daily*Dishin: Sweet Corn and Couscous Main Dish Salad
Pinch My Salt: Peter Reinhart’s Fresh Cut Corn Bread with Bacon
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Corn & Watermelon Salad
Virtually Homemade: Summer Corn Salad
Food2: Creamed Corn Cornbread
Virtually Vegan Mama: Thai Corn Soup
Sunshine and Smile: Scallops with Corn and Pepper Sauce
Spices N Aroma: Corn Pilaf
The Sensitive Epicure: Fresh Corn Fritters with Chive Lemon Chipotle Yogurt (Gluten-Free)
Dixie Chick Cooks: Fresh Corn with Basil Slaw and Feta
Cooking With Books: Corn Favorites
Purple Cook: Corn on the Cob with Cilantro
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!