Another one for an epic game day spread – Pulled Pork Tacos with Avocado Crema!!
I’m currently having a love affair with my instant pot. I know I’m totally late to the band wagon, but now I’m on it! It’s everything. But I can’t forget about my slow cooker. It’s been in my life for ages and I will always love the fact that I can put an entire pork butt into my slow cooker with a few other ingredients, turn it on, and then leave the house and come back to a perfect batch of pulled pork. These Pulled Pork Tacos with Avocado Crema are exactly what I want come game day next weekend. It’s a batch of really easy pulled pork, a quick tangy slaw and an avocado sauce that will bring everything together. It’s sweet and salty and creamy and tangy and all in all it’s PERFECT!!! Make it, you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 cups chipotle salsa
- 4 ounces, canned green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 pounds pork butt
- Kosher Salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 whole avocados
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Small flour or corn tortillas
- Extra green onions
- For the pulled pork: in the bottom of a large crock pot, mix salsa, green chilies and brown sugar. Add the pork and sprinkle with salt, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Take the meat out of the crockpot and shred with 2 forks. Return to the pot and mix with the sauce.
- For the avocado cream sauce: slice green onions and mash the avocados. Add lime, sour cream, cilantro, garlic and salt. Mash to combine.
- For the slaw: Combine the cabbages, and onion in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour over the cabbage mixture and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Drain before serving.
- To serve, put some slaw on top of a tortilla, followed by a few spoonfuls of the pork and then a spoonful of the avocado sauce and green onions on top.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!