Seeing as how it’s my favorite day of the year (minus my birthday which is quickly approaching) I’ll be feasting on chips, salsa and guac all day long, I thought we should dip into a Tropical Pineapple Salsa to jazz things up a bit and celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
I’m feeling very tropical these days. Maybe it has something to do with the fact it’s been in the 90’s for the last week here in LA. Or perhaps it’s the fact that I’m craving a little tropical getaway for my birthday. Or maybe it’s just due to the fact that I’m obsessed with food that you can enjoy while sitting on the beach.
Just imagine eating this salsa, along with some homemade tortilla chips, laying on the beach, and soaking up the sun. It’s kinda all of that rolled into one recipe and it’s perfect for tonight, tomorrow, and the rest of spring and summer. Throw it on some chips or use it as a condiment for some grilled chicken, steak or fish. It’s amazing, I know. You’re welcome
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red jalapeño chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and cut the avocado into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer the avocado to a bowl.
- Add the diced pineapple, red onion, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salsa chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.