Ummmm it's time. We're going for it. December is a few days away but I refuse to wait - holiday inspired recipes here we come. Starting it off with this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta!
This Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta is a lightened up version of a tradtional Alfredo pasta. I used to have the traditional Alfredo on repeat as a child, but my metabolisms isn’t what it was 20 years ago, so I’m all about a healthier alternative every now and then. And this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta is exactly that. You won’t miss anything because it’s so hearty and creamy without being overly heavy. It’s just some steamed cauliflower that gets pureed in the blender with some milk, brown butter, garlic and red pepper flakes. Top it with some fried sage and parmesan cheese and Voila! It’s the perfect thing to serve this time of year because it feels impressive but it’s actually quite easy!
GET OUTTA HERE. I’m obsessed. I can’t even tell you how much pleasure I get from putting everything in, pressing start and walking away. Voila - done and done. It’s the little things in life guys!
Make this! You'll be obsessed.
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 large cloves garlic minced
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup milk either regular milk, unflavored and unsweetened nut milk
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese
- Fried sage to garnish
- Brown the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it starts to get lightly brown, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant and the butter is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 8 minutes until fork tender. Once tender, use a slotted spoon and transfer the cauliflower to a Vitamix blender. Add ½ cup of the cooking water and the red pepper and garlic brown butter mixture. Blend until smooth. If it’s still thick, stream in a few tablespoons of milk at a time until smooth and thin. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer back into the pot. Add the cauliflower sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt, pepper and parmesan and serve with fried sage.