If you watch any of my snapchat stories, instagram live broadcasts or FB lives you KNOW I’m obsessed with my Vitamix. It’s basically my kitchen work horse as it does everything I could ever imagine. And today it’s helping me make the most epic Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta!
This Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta is a lightened up version of the Alfredo pasta I used to eat on repeat as a child. Unfortunately for me, my metabolisms isn’t what it was 20 years ago, so I’m all about a healthier alternative every now and then. And this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta is exactly that. You won’t miss anything because it’s so hearty and creamy without being overly heavy. It’s just some steamed cauliflower that gets pureed in the Vitamix with some milk, brown butter, garlic and red pepper flakes. Fried sage and parmesan cheese get mixed in and the rest is history! It’s the perfect thing to serve this time of year because it feels impressive but it’s actually quite easy!
Plus using the new A3500 makes it even easier because you can just plug in whatever setting you need and the Vitamix does all the work for you. There are five easy program settings including Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts and Self-Cleaning—and depending on what you pick, it adjust times and speeds for the program selected and stops the blender when done. GET OUTTA HERE. I’m obsessed. I can’t even tell you how much pleasure I get from putting everything in, pressing start and walking away and it just turns off automatically. It’s the little things in life guys!
Make this! You won’t be disappointed.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (more or less as needed)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese
- Fried sage to garnish
- Brown the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it starts to get lightly brown, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant and the butter is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 8 minutes until fork tender. Once tender, use a slotted spoon and transfer the cauliflower to a Vitamix blender. Add ½ cup of the cooking water and the red pepper and garlic brown butter mixture. Blend until smooth. If it’s still thick, stream in a few tablespoons of milk at a time until smooth and thin. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer back into the pot. Add the cauliflower sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt, pepper and parmesan and serve with fried sage.
** This post is brought to you by Vitamix All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!