Death By Chocolate is date night in GOLD!
Here’s the deal. I’m all about a majorly decadent dessert. If it’s just semi-decadent, I don’t need it. It has to be all about the big splurge and this Death By Chocolate recipe is exactly that. Layers of homemade brownies doused in Kahlua layered with freshly whipped cream and the most glorious chocolate pudding recipe on the planet makes for my kinda treat. Come this Saturday night I’ll be cozying up at home with my husband and a large container of dessert! Date night in never looked so good!
Are you doing the whole Valentine’s Day Dinner at home thing too! Check out some of my fellow food bloggers ideas for the perfect date night in!
Death by Chocolate from What’s Gaby Cooking
Mini Strawberry Heart Hand Pies from Table for Two
Crispy Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Picky Palate
Valentine Breakfast with Heart Pancake Art from A Spicy Perspective
Very Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Marla Meridith
Berry Heart Parfaits from Weelicious
Almond Sugar Hearts from Hola Jalapeño
Toasted Coconut Buttermilk Waffles from Country Cleaver
No Bake Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache from Baked by Rachel
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Shaved Chocolate
- Sliced Strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the milk and continue to whisk. Place over medium low heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, bring the mixture to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes while whisking until very thick. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate, butter and vanilla. Stir to combine. Transfer pudding to the cooled pie shell and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a mixer, combine the whipping cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Whip until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 9x9 baking tin with parchment.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined.
- Add the flour and continue to mix until flour is incorporated. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Top with chocolate chips and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once done. remove from the oven and poke holes all over the brownies with a fork. Pour the Kahlua over the brownies and let them soak it in. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then cut into bite sized pieces.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!