On my quest to lighten things up after my carb binge the last few weeks, this Delicata Squash Salad is exactly what I want!
All the roasted delicata squash, tons of peppery arugula, some salty cheese, pistachios to give it some crunch and more! It’s perfect. Although the cheese is optional if you’re doing the Whole 30 this month like every single person in my life besides me! Works for lunch, or dinner, and most definitely leftovers. And it’s really everything you could want in a main course salad this time of year.
And if you haven’t gotten on the delicata squash train – what are you waiting for?!? It’s so good, so easy to prep, and there is NO PEELING, which is legit the worst part about prepping some forms of squash. So delicata for the win all day, every day. Get into this one guys… you won’t be disappointed.
Delicata Squash Salad
For the Salad
- 2 medium delicata squash around 1 and 1/4 pounds total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 heaping cups baby arugula
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
For the Balsamic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Slice the squash into 1/2-inch wide rounds and then cute each round in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds from each round. Drizzle the squash with a generous tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Toss to combine. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden, flipping halfway.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, toast the pistachios, stirring frequently, until they are fragrant and lightly golden on the edges. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the squash has had a few minutes to cool, combine the arugula, pomegranate, dried fruit, toasted nuts, sliced red onion, crumbled feta and squash in a serving bowl. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Serve immediately.