If you guys have been following along on snapchat, then you'll know my full on obsession with this Farro Delicata Squash Salad! I can't be stopped.
I made it a few weeks ago with one of my girlfriends Minka and it's been on regular rotation ever since. It's every flavor you've ever wanted all tossed into a giant bowl. Not only is it delicious, but it's healthy, colorful and way easy! The feta gives it a salty bite, the type of squash I used is the easiest to handle and the herbs make you feel like there's a tiny bit of summer in your kitchen - add to that the bursts of flavor from the pomegranate seeds and it's GAME OVER.
Serve this Farro Delicata Squash Salad up as a lunch, a side dish, a salad, you name it! It works for just about everything. And it makes for excellent leftovers which is what I've been so obsessed with. Prep it on a Sunday, have some for dinner, and then you've got lunches covered for part of the week! Brilliant!
And if you're not already on snapchat - HOP TO IT!! It's easily the most entertaining social media platform ever. Each friday you can tune in for my weekly snapisodes (username - whatsgabycookin) and I'll cook something from start to finish! PLUS you guys can chime in with any questions as they come up!
Farro Delicata Squash Salad
- 1 cup raw farro
- 1 delicata squash – halved cleaned, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 bulbs of fennel – sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 persian cucumbers sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill – torn
- ¼ cup fresh basil – torn
- ¼ cup fresh mint – torn
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 cup feta in brine cut into cubes
- Cook the farro according to the package directions. Remove farro from heat, drain and rinse under cool water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the delicata squash with olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast until lightly caramelized and soft but not mushy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Combine farro, squash, fennel, cucumbers dill, basil, mint, pomegranate seeds and almonds. Drizzle the pomegranate molasses, mix well. Serve warm or cold. Garnish with roughly chopped almonds and feta cheese.