Vegetarian Tacos with Delicata Squash and Mushrooms are on the menu today. Prepare to be obsessed.
These tacos are loaded with roasted delicata squash, my most favorite mushrooms of all times, caramelized onions, pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro and wrapped up in my all time favorite Old El Paso Flour Tortillas – BOOM. It’s the perfect meal for January as it’s healthy, light, loaded with vegetables and flavor and wrapped in a flour tortilla because they are so freaking good, and who can say no to one? NOBODY!
In case you’ve never cooked a delicata squash, it’s about to change your life. All you need to know is that you don’t have to peel it. BRILLIANT. And if you’ve ever peeled a butternut squash, you know how awful that is. I literally almost cut my fingers off when peeling butternut squash on the regular. Not the case with Delicata – it’s thin skin is easy to work with and it’s absolutely delish
Delicata Squash Tacos
- 8 small Old El Paso flour tortillas warmed
- 2 small delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- ½ small yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms stem removed and sliced
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- salt pepper and red pepper flakes for seasoning
- avocado slices
- pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and slice into ½-inch segments. Toss the squash slices with a drizzle of olive oil, pinches of salt and pepper, and roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion slices and cook until soft and browned, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, and cook until they are soft and browned, about 5-8 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes
- Assemble the tacos with the onion/mushroom/ mixture and roasted squash. Top with avocado slices, pico de gallo and cilantro with extra lime wedges on the side