Ravello was HANDS DOWN our most favorite stop in Italy.
We stayed for 2 full days and I could have easily set up shop for a month. If I ever write another book, I am going to pack up the WGC test kitchen and move it to Ravello. It was as gorgeous as Positano but much less touristy. (also there were a lot less stairs in Ravello which was a huge relief after hiking Positano for 2 full days!) We stayed at Palazzo Avino which is easily now officially on my top 5 hotels of all times. It was magical. The grounds were gorgeous, I got a birthday massage, wine and cheese was delivered to our room nightly and I was in love! 2 days is plenty of time if you're making the rounds like we did - but I plan on going back for a month next time!
- Give yourself a self guided tour of the town. There are a few dozen super cute shops to poke in and out of and spend the day window shopping.
- Grab happy hour on the plaza - any of the al fresco dining options will make you a perfect spritz!
- Dinner at Cumpa' Cosimo! Get the pasta sampler which was about 5-6 different pastas that are their favorites! Their bolognese was life changing and the lasagna made me want to cry it was so good.
- Ravello is home to 2 gardens, both of which are a quick walk from the hotel and gorgeous. Grab tickets, they are a few euro each, upon entry and explore!
- Grab lunch Ristorante Pizzeria Vittoria - pizza duh!
- We took the 2nd afternoon off from sight-seeing to relax poolside at Palazzo Avino and get spa treatments.
- Happy hour at Palazzo Avino - they make a mean Spritz and serve you endless amounts of Castelvetrano olives. I was in heaven.
- Wander over to Mimi Bar Pizzeria for a casual dinner or if you're feeling fancy, opt for Rossellinis Restaurant at Palazzo Avino!