I seem to be on quite the pie kick recently and today we’re rolling in hot with a Chocolate Dusted Peanut Butter Pie!!
I’ve mentioned it before but it bears repeating… if there is 1 thing I need to keep on hand at all times… it’s peanut butter. My husband is OBSESSED. Like if we ran out of peanut butter the world might stop. He’d probably go to the market first thing in the morning and stock up because without it, how can he make peanut butter toast in the morning?!?!? So I try to avoid any meltdowns by keeping it on hand at all times and whipping it into some fun creations from time to time to spice things up… like this Chocolate Dusted Peanut Butter Pie!
It couldn’t be easier to make and the chocolate shavings and whipped cream on top are basically gorgeous little additions that you 100% need in your life. Plus, hello, they are fun! Make it!!
Chocolate Dusted Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust:
- 25 whole chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Creamy
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 16- ounces heavy cream divided
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the cookies to a food processor and process until they're fine crumbs. Pour the melted butter over the top and pulse to combine. Press the mixture into a pie pan and bake until set, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For the filling:
- Whip all of the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Divide the mixture in half.
- Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in half of the whipped and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as needed. Pour the filling into the crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Top with dollops of the whipped cream that you previously made and chocolate shavings. Serve as needed.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Made and was a hit with all!! Your my new jam!!!!
Gaby, what size pie pan should be used?! Thanks!
9 or 10 inch pie pan
Can this be made ahead and then topped with whipped cream before serving?
Serve as needed? Lol!
I know - the struggle is real
I am making this pie for Shabbat this week.
I would like to make this peanut butter Pie.
If we use oreo cookies do we use the creme filling as well or just the cookies?
Also I could use oreo crumbs that I bought in a box if we don't use the creme in the cookie.
use the whole cookie!! its better with the filling
Hi! I'm making this for a dinner club and I'm wondering if I should add a little powdered sugar to the whipped cream topping? Or is it intentionally un-sweetened to off-set the PB filling? Can't wait to taste it!
you could add 1/4 cup for sure!
This looks heavenly delicious! Yum!
Look delicious! I looove peanut butter pie!
I'll take two please!! This looks so easy and delicious. A perfect summer treat!
I'd like a spoonful of those chocolate shavings please!
OMG miss Gaby- this looks to-die-for. Coco and Thomas are Peanut Butter soul mates- she has a peanut butter spoon every morning!
Beautiful! My boys are PB monsters, so I'm going to have to definitely make this for them.
Stunning pie Gaby!! Gimme!!