This Roasted Spaghetti Squash is beyond easy and feels decadent even though it’s majorly healthy – plus it’s topped with my favorite Basil Vinaigrette!!
This past weekend I wanted to run around and in my best Game of Thrones voice yell…. WINTER IS COMING! It finally dipped before 70 degrees in LA and I couldn’t be more excited. Who knows how long it will stay like this, but I intend to take full advantage of it by roasting everything in the oven. EVERYTHING. Starting with this Roasted Spaghetti Squash.
I need a little re-set before I dive into holiday baking, so for the next 24 hours, I plan on eating this Roasted Spaghetti Squash drizzled with my favorite basil vinaigrette like it’s my job. Spaghetti Squash is one of my favorite farmers market finds during this season. It can be dressed up and which way you and it looks like pasta! Pasta! But without the carbs. I like to dress mine up with shaved parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts and a giant serving of basil vinaigrette – it’s the absolute best way to eat it!
Spaghetti Squash with Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 medium spaghetti squash 2 to 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- shaved parmesan
- toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Slice the squash in half: Use a chef’s knife to cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise from stem to tail. Scoop out the seeds. Place the squash on a roasting pan, cut side up and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the squash for 45-50 minutes until fork tender.
- When done, the squash should be easily pierced a fork all the way through the skin. If it’s still not tender, put the squash back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti like strands of squash. Transfer the strands to a large bowl and serve with the basil vinaigrette on top along with shaved parmesan, salt, pepper and pine nuts.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
One of our favorite dinners!
What a mouthwatering way to serve spaghetti squash! And the pine nuts totally finish off the dish! I love it.
Haha, winter is coming at 70 degrees?? Girl, you need to visit the east coast!! These looks perfect for dinner!!
Oh yah!! Love this Gaby!!
My kind of recipe! This looks amazing and so perfectly simple, too. I love spaghetti squash so much.
Hooray for the cool temps and hooray for this recipe!!
I must be the only person who has not yet made spaghetti squash! And I love all squash, so this will be on the menu this week! It looks positively scrumptious.
that vinaigrette sounds lovely!
Oh I remember the days when I lived in California and longed for it to be “cold”. But now I’m back in New England suffering with freezing temperatures! Love this simple dish. Spaghetti squash is one of my favorites!
this looks so healthy and flavorful! I gotta make this asap!
What a gorgeously simple idea! Love it!
Love spaghetti squash and the basil dressing sounds fab!
Ahhhh…and we dipped below 0 this week. The furnace, fireplace, and oven are all on! Enjoy your roasting season. This dish looks wonderful!
I must be the only person who has not yet made spaghetti squash but I will try to make this recipe Thanks!