You know what my absolute favorite veggie is in the whole wide world. Broccoli. And it can’t just be regular steamed broccoli. I need roasted broccolini with charred edges so it has a little crispness to it with every bite. And you know what is even better than roasted broccolini… Sheet Pan Broccolini Pizza.
Yup. It’s perfection. Add in a little fresh mozzarella cheese to get that creamy cheesy flavor on top of the crispy broccolini plus a few red pepper flakes for some extra kick and plenty of fresh lemon juice to elevate everything times 10… omg we are in business!!
You could use regular broccoli too, or even broccoli rabe, but I’m all about that broccolini because it has smaller florets and longer thinner stalks and the stalks are my favorite part!! They are just so crunchy, I can never get enough!
I’ve been making this pizza for years (and actually posted it for the first time over 7 years ago) but have since made a few adjustments to make it even better! So here’s to this weeks pizza night – Sheet Pan Broccolini Pizza! I’ll fairly certain I’ll never run out of ideas on what you can put on top of pizza crust and let’s just all keep our fingers crossed for that!
A spicy pizza with roasted broccolini
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- Olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, tossed with olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, plus more for serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush a sheet pan with 1/4 cup olive oil and roll out the pizza dough to the edge
- Brush the dough with another drizzle of olive oil, top with the torn mozzarella, lemon zest, onion, garlic, and broccolini. Season the top with salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or so, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. Season with more salt and pepper and red pepper flakes and the lemon juice.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!