Well, it’s safe to say I’ve eaten ALL THE SUGAR this past weekend. I was making Valentine’s day treats for everyone in my life and these Truffled Chocolate Chip Cookies were easily the show stoppers!
You all know that cookies are a staple in my house. They are stocked in the freezer at all times, and I’m putting a particularly decadent spin on them this time by upping the ante on traditional chocolate chips and sandwiching a full truffle in the middle of the cookie that melts down and helps create the best cookie imaginable. Trust me, there’s nothing about these that you’ll ever regret!
It’s my best chocolate chip cookie recipe
Truffled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 ½ ounces cake flour
- 8 ½ ounces bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 10 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 12 ounces dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 16 chocolate truffles
- Combine the cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and coarse salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixer add the butter and sugars and mix for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl in between. Add the vanilla and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate dough for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 1/4 cup sized cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and tuck a truffle in each cookie, making sure to seal it up with cookie dough, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 16-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining dough