It's almost birthday time!! And we're celebrating with this Tomato Basil Pasta LOADED with burrata cheese, toasted breadcrumbs and basil vinaigrette. You'll want to make it immediately.
My birthday is in just over ONE WEEK!! I'm so excited I can barely stand it!! This year it's going to be an al fresco dinner party and I'm READY. I'm also functioning under the notion that carbs don't count leading up to birthdays so Tomato Basil Pasta with Burrata and Breadcrumbs is happening.
It's basically a combination of all my favorite things. Pasta - duh. My homemade Basil Vinaigrette that I can't live without - obviously. Burrata - my most favorite kind of cheese of all times. Toasted Breadcrumbs - to give the whole thing a slight bite. And the most perfect summer tomatoes that are at the farmers market right now and I can't seem to get enough. It's my favorite pasta of the moment and I can promise you that you'll be equally as obsessed.
The burrata gives, what would already be a delicious pasta dish, that extra creaminess that makes it 100% irresistible!
Tomato Basil Pasta with Burrata
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 balls burrata
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the cherry tomatoes in some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes until burst.
- Toast the breadcrumbs with a little olive oil in the oven while the tomatoes are roasting until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and toss with ½ cup of the basil vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add more basil vinaigrette as needed. Add roasted tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Divide evenly amongst 4-6 bowls. Top with a scoop of burrata that is to be mixed into the pasta upon eating, and garnish with bread crumbs, salt, pepper and basil leaves.