Vegetarian Quinoa Bake!! OMG there is nothing I love more than throwing everything into a skillet and topping it with cheese and baking until perfection. IT’S SO EASY.
I mean, based on the title alone we’re all on board right? This beauty is piled high with quinoa, something I usually have leftovers of so it’s easy to whip it into something new, tons of my salsa (pick your favorite from the chipotle salsa, tomatillo salsa or a guacamole starter. I added some beans and corn because it seemed like the right thing to do and then added the cheese and herbs. Game over. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal and naturally, it doubles as leftovers!! Yes please 🙂
- 1 ½ cups uncooked multi-colored quinoa
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen charred corn (trader joes)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 ½ cup Gaby's chipotle or tomatillo salsa
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chopped scallions and cilantro as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, remove from heat and transfer the cooked quinoa into a large bowl.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded colby jack cheese, ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella, black beans, corn, green chiles and salsa. Season the entire mixture with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a medium sized skillet with non-stick spray, and transfer the mixture into the skillet. Top with the remaining shredded cheeses and bake for about 20 -25 minutes until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!