We’re making cookies today guys. White Chocolate Chex Sugar Cookies because I have a box of Vanilla Chex Cereal in my pantry and white chocolate chips sitting on the counter and honestly, it’s what I need right now!
These are a cross between my fav chocolate chip cookie recipe and my current breakfast situation which for the past few days has been a big bowl of Chex cereal with almond milk. I’m living my best life. And I felt it was appropriate to combine the 2 things into a cookie and honestly, I HAVE PEAKED. These are amazing. The Vanilla Chex is a game changer. If you haven’t had it on it’s own, you’re not living your best life. And when you fold it into a cookie dough it just bumps up all the flavor!
Here are some tips or tricks for substitutions in todays climate!!
- if you don’t have any unsalted butter on hand, use whatever you have and omit the salt from the recipe.
- if you only have one of the sugars, that’s fine… just be sure to use 2 cups of sugar total.
- If you’re out of vanilla extract, no problem. The Vanilla Chex gives this enough flavor as is! I only added it to be extra, because that’s who I am!
- If you don’t have white chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips, feel free to use whatever kind you have on hand. Just get a little chocolate-y goodness in there.
- Lastly, if you don’t have any Vanilla Chex on hand you have 2 options…. The first, order it for delivery from your local market. Or two, swap out for another Chex that you have on hand.
Now have at it and enjoy Chex Sugar Cookies!!
White Chocolate Chex Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Vanilla Chex Cereal, plus more for topping
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in half of the assorted chocolate chips/chunks and Chex cereal
- Chill the dough for 2 hours. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and roll it into a ball.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Strategically place the rest of the chocolate chips / chunks and Chex cereal on top of the cookie dough ball and place the cookie on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 12 cookies on a baking sheet.
- For cookies that are soft in the middle (that’s how I like them) bake for 10-12 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. If you want them crisp, bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring them off the baking sheet and onto a cooling rack.
** This post is brought to you by Chex Cereal (which is legit the worlds best cereal and I’m willing to put it to a cereal taste test any day of the year!) All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**