Hi Guys!! It’s been almost 1 year to the date of finishing construction on our house and we’re finally getting the last pieces of furniture in place. WOW – talk about a year. There’s nothing like being waved off to the hospital to go deliver a baby with 15 guys from your contractors company still in the house finishing up all the odds and ends. And then getting home and having a newborn. HA.
Anyways… one of the most frequent questions I get on social is about my window treatments. So I’m putting every bit of information into this post so you can easily reference back when needed.
First – let’s just talk about window treatments in general. I’ve never owned an apartment or home before so truth be told, I never thought about window treatments. It was never something that even crossed my mind. When we were in the process of designing the interior of our new home it was one of the first things to come up! And let me tell – IT CHANGES EVERYTHING.
We worked with The Shade Store to do roman shades and inverted pleated drapes throughout the house when window treatments were needed and they truly frame each room perfectly. The entire process of working with The Shade Store couldn’t be easier. Their showrooms have literally everything you could need. Fabric swatches, hardware samples, the most knowledgeable people working the showroom, you get the idea. We knew we wanted something neutral so we went it, picked a ton of samples and then brought them back to the house to see in the environment. And word of advice… DON’T SKIP THIS STEP. It’s so important to see how the fabric reads in your room. There was 1 swatch we all thought we loved, but it ended up reading a little yellow in 2 of our rooms due to the landscaping outside!
We ended up landing on the most gorgeous linen fabric for both the drapes and the roman shades and have 2 colors throughout the house. Some have privacy backing, some have blackout backing and they are all perfection. The rods are a simple black rod and keep thing clean and simple. All the exact details are below but 2 take-aways to keep in mind…
- The Shade Store is truly a dream and I couldn’t recommend them enough!
- Window Treatments are an investment but they truly are the icing on the cake! We are obsessed.
- Living Room (first 4 images) – Inverted Pleat Drapes in Ivory Ecru with privacy backing with a Black Madison Track
- Bar Area – Flat Roman Shades in Linen Ecru with a Black Madison Track
- Dining Room – Inverted Pleat Drapes in Linen Ivory with privacy backing with a Black Madison Track
- Bedroom – Inverted Pleat Drapes in Linen Ecru with privacy backing with a Black Madison Track
- Poppy’s Nursery (featured here) Flat Roman Shades in Linen Ecru with Blackout Backing with a Black Madison Track
- we’re in the process of finishing Poppy’s playroom (which will one day hopefully be another nursery) and the guest house. I’ll update photos of everything here once those rooms are furnished!! The supply chain for furniture has been INSANE but luckily, The Shade Store order timeframe and installation is SEAMLESS and we never had to wait very long once orders were placed!!
- also a very special shoutout to Michael at the West Hollywood location. YOU ROCK SIR!! Thank you for making this process so very seamless. Is it weird that I want to add window treatments to random windows in my house (hello laundry room) just so we can work together again? lol