When Caprese meets Burrata and becomes a Burrata Tomato Salad, it’s basically the best thing on earth.
I’m currently sitting on a plane home from Germany watching my 4th Harry Potter movie of the day and dreaming of this salad. I need some clean eating in my life and this salad is exactly what I’m craving. Clean eating with a little bit of burrata. That’s my favorite way to do it and it’s perfect for this time of year when the tomatoes and basil are going crazy at the farmers markets.
Use the basil to whip up the basil vinaigrette that is near and dear to our hearts and make a triple batch while you’re at it and freeze some extra for when basil isn’t in season.
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint heirloom tomatoes, cut into sliced
- 2-3 balls of Burrata cheese
- Maldon salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/4 loaf ciabatta bread
- olive oil
- In a large bowl, arrange the cherry tomatoes, large tomato slices, torn croutons and pieces of burrata cheese. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with basil vinaigrette
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!