If instagram is an extension of my real life, than I think it’s pretty obvious that I’m having a moment with tacos and crudité. Separately, because together that would be weird! I’m leaving the crudité for a later date and kicking off this week with Chipotle Salmon Tacos.
A few weekends back we headed up the coast to Santa Barbara for a little weekend beach vacay with some friends. Little did they know I’d insist on eating my way through the city and sampling every taco it had to offer. Tacos for breakfast, lunch + dinner – absolutely! If you’re game to have some tacos for a second breakfast or dessert – you get me.
If it was socially acceptable to only eat tacos for the rest of my life then I’d be 100% okay with that and these Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Slaw would be my lifeline. Coated with chipotle powder, these absolutely have a kick to them. But paired with the crema, cooling avocado mango salsa and slaw, they are the definition of perfection!!
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime juice and extra limes for garnish
- Shredded red cabbage
- Chipotles in adobo
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Rub each piece of salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and dust with the chipotle powder. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for about 8 minutes, until they are softened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the cooked salmon.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine the diced avocado, mango and cilantro in a small bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Combine some of the sour cream and a few teaspoons of the liquid from the chipotles in adobo in a bowl and whisk to combine for a spicy crema.
- Gently break each piece of salmon into large chunks and evenly distribute in the tortillas on top of a little bit of shredded cabbage. Add equal amounts of the salsa and serve as needed with the chipotle crema on top.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!