Chocolate Brownie Pudding
Chocolate lovers – this one is for you! It’s seriously the most decadent and rich dessert I have ever eaten in my entire life! And man was it good. I mean how can you go wrong with butter, chocolate, Kahlua and ice cream? Right! It’s like a giant molten lava cake – and it seriously makes enough to feed any dinner party, which is exactly what I did with this. Because who even knows what would have happened if this was left in my fridge just for me? It could have been interesting – very very interesting. That’s not to say I didn’t eat my share, or maybe a little more. Whose counting anyways!
There are just a few key things that make this recipe even better.
1. When the recipe says to whip your eggs and sugar together for 10 minutes – don’t skimp on the time. It should look nice and fluffy and pale yellow like this…
2nd. You really have to sift your flour and cocoa powder on this one. I tend to skip that step in certain recipes but in this recipe, we are just blending everything to gently combine so we want to make sure all the little lumps are worked out to start!
And with that said, I leave you with the recipe and I will now go to the gym!
|Chocolate Brownie Pudding|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9×9 baking dish. Melt the 1/2 pound of butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside. **Quick tip – whenever I sift flours together, I do it onto a piece of parchment so it’s easy to pick up and add to the mixing bowl)
- In your mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. (see the image above) After 10 minutes, reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla, Kahlua, and the cocoa powder and flour mixture. Mix very slowly until everything is just combined. Slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place it in a larger baking pan. Add warm water to the pan until it comes halfway up the side of the dish Carefully place it into the oven, making sure not to slosh the water around and bake for 1 hour.
- When it’s time to take it out – don’t fear – it’s absolutely going to look like it’s under-baked. (that’s normal) Remove from the water and place in the fridge to cool. Because obviously there isn’t enough calories in the brownie pudding, serve it with vanilla ice cream.
Tags: american cuisine, Brownies, butter, cakes, Chocolate, chocolate brownie, chocolate brownie pudding, chocolate brownies, chocolate lovers, cocoa powder, Desserts, Ice Cream, kahlua, Pudding, vanilla ice, Vanilla Ice Cream