Tis the season for all kinds of glorious citrus! And what better way to eat it than in a Citrus Avocado Salad!
I don’t need much of an excuse to make a salad or eat guacamole. They are 2 things that I’m extra good at and I make no apologies for that. This citrus avocado salad is bringing those 2 things together and it’s currently giving me life. Plus it’s helping me stay healthy, keep my food colorful and it’s making me happy.
Grab your favorite kinds of citrus – I’m partial to navel oranges cara cara oranges, tangerines, mandarin oranges and blood oranges – but you can mix and match as you wish!
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce (little gem etc)
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cara cara oranges
- 2 tangerines
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 blood orange
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Carefully slice the peel off the citrus. Cut the citrus into slices and carefully pop out any seeds.
- Arrange the citrus, cucumbers and avocados in and around the lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the vinaigrette alongside the salad.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!