Tis the season for all kinds of glorious citrus! And what better way to eat it than in a Citrus Avocado Salad!
I don’t need much of an excuse to make a salad or eat guacamole. They are 2 things that I’m extra good at and I make no apologies for that. This citrus avocado salad is bringing those 2 things together and it’s currently giving me life. Plus it’s helping me stay healthy, keep my food colorful and it’s making me happy.
Grab your favorite kinds of citrus – I’m partial to navel oranges cara cara oranges, tangerines, mandarin oranges and blood oranges – but you can mix and match as you wish!
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce (I used baby kale)
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cara cara oranges
- 2 tangerines
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 blood orange
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Carefully slice the peel off the citrus. Cut the citrus into slices and carefully pop out any seeds. Arrange the citrus, cucumbers and avocados in and around the lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette, taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the vinaigrette drizzled on top of the salad.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!