Zucchini is having a moment. It’s that time of year when it’s literally coming out of everyone ears. Not mine because I have a black thumb and can’t keep a garden to save my life… but everyone else I know is rocking the zucchini like whoa! So there’s a Grilled Zucchini Salad to celebrate!
And if you have a black thumb like me, just grab some at the market and pretend that you grew it. No one will know the difference, promise!
Also – a big thank you to everyone who filled out the What’s Gaby Cooking survey last week!! If you didn’t – there’s still time. you’ll be seeing your requests in the coming months ☺
Until then… ZUCCHINI SALAD FOR EVERYONE!!
- 2-3 cups market lettuce
- 1 pound assorted summer squash
- 1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- fresh basil
- fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium high heat.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
- Cut summer squash into 1 inch pieces. Brush the summer squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until grill marks are present. Remove from the grill and brush the grilled zucchini with a bit of the balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside.
- On a platter, arrange the lettuce, grilled squash, cherry tomatoes and herbs. Top with the goat cheese and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!