Penne with 5 cheeses is one of my favorite dishes yet I rarely make it. I don’t really know why other than the fact that I never have all 5 cheeses on hand when I am figuring out what to make for dinner. The recipe comes from one of my all time fav food network stars – Ina Garten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian fontina
- 1/4 cup crumbled Italian Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound penne rigate pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and bring a large pot of water to boil. Then combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the penne to the water and cook for about 5 minutes - or until al dente. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Then transfer the mixture to a large dish and bake in the oven for about 10 -15 minutes or until the cheese becomes a golden brown on top!