Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread. I’m not quite sure what to ever say about this creation other than I literally stuffed my face the second it came out of the oven. Totally obsessed.
You see, I’ve made monkey bread before, but each time I make a new batch, I am changing ingredients, experimenting with new cheeses and toppings and then doing a very serious taste test. I made a huge batch of monkey bread the other day because I was leaving town for a while and felt guilty leaving my boyfriend without any food. Obviously Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread was the answer to this problem. The only problem I didn’t see coming, was the fact that I wanted to eat it all by myself before my boyfriend even got home. Good thing I made a double batch.
This Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread might just be my new go-t0 dish for whenever there are kids around too. I’m pretty sure they would freak out. I mean what’s better than pull apart soft fluffy bread that is coated with pepperoni, asiago cheese, oregano and sprinkled with a little salt. It’s like a dream come true in a little mini bundt cake pan.
Do me a favor and make these immediately. You won’t be disappointed. And neither will whomever you share these with. That is, if you show some self control and actually try to share them with someone. But if you’re like me, and you have a hard time practicing anything that even remotely looked like self control and you end up not sharing these with anyone because you ate them all yourself, well, I’ll totally understand.
Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups Bread flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Bread flour, AP flour and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the active yeast and water in a mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook. Let it sit for a few minutes to make sure your yeast is working. Add the sugar and mix for a quick second. Add the flour mixture in batches, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Let the dough hook work its magic for 5-6 minutes until the dough has come together into a large mass. Remove the dough to an oiled bowl and let rise for 60 minutes.
- After an hour, remove the dough from the bowl and cut into small 1/2 inch cubes. Dust with flour to prevent them from sticking together. Set aside.
- Spray 6 small bundt pans with PAM or cooking spray. (You could also use a large bundt pan)
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Combine the cheese, pepperoni, oregano, salt and garlic in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and mix together with a spoon. Toss in the cut dough and make sure it all gets a coat of the butter mixture. Start layering the cubes into the bundt pans until they are 3/4 of the way full. Let sit for 30 minutes for the dough to rise a little more.
- Place bundt pans into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread and cheese is golden brown. Serve with warmed marinara sauce or pizza sauce.
You can easily use store bought buttermilk biscuits rather than making homemade dough. Just preheat the oven and skip to step 5
Tags: Cheese Monkey Bread, How to make monkey bread, Pepperoni Monkey Bread, Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread, savory monkey bread