Hands down my favorite thing about fall is throwing a big tray of vegetables into the oven and roasting the crap out of them. I like them a bit crispy, perfectly seasoned and then I use them on all sorts of things. Loaded salads primarily.
This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is going to be a once a week kinda thing in our house this fall. I am so into this salad it’s not even funny. I could eat 5 servings of this and never get sick of it. It’s that good.
And with the amount of wine and cheese I’m currently consuming in Chile, this salad is going to be on the menu for like 5 days straight. No joke. Also – Chile is probably the most magical country of all times and I want to move here. Expect a little South America/Chile love fest starting on the blog next week. It’s going to get really awesome around here. PLUS the recipes I’ve been learning while down here – just you wait!! Mind blowing.
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 ounces prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the cubed squash on a large baking sheet, along with the wedged onion. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and toss with arugula, walnuts, goat cheese and top with the prosciutto.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, balsamic and olive oil until mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Dress salad as needed and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!