We all know that I love a pasta recipe. Anything with garlic, butter and herbs is my idea of perfection – but if you’re upping the ante and going for it, this Ultimate Garlic Shrimp Scampi is the way to go!
Pasta, shrimp, wine, garlic, butter, olive oil, a sprinkling of herbs… what more could you ask for in a simple weeknight dinner?! Oh… maybe a glass of white wine 🙂
It’s one of those meals that is perfect for busy weeknights, it works for guests on the weekends, or you can make it for yourself and sop up the extra delish white wine butter sauce with a piece of french bread. No judgement here 🙂
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, more as needed
- 1 ¾ pounds large or shrimp, cleaned, de-veined and shelled
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus more as needed
- 8-10 ounces linguine, cooked according to the package directions
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine, a pinch of salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and add cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Serve with additional lemon wedges
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!