Goat Cheese and Shrimp Pasta!! Summer might be officially over but seeing as how it’s still 90+ degrees in LA and other places around the states… we’re keeping it light today!
This isn’t just any pasta. It’s a light and creamy goat cheese coated pasta with shrimp, sautéed tomatoes and some broccoli that gets thrown into the food processor so its like a broccoli pesto. It’s so good. So good that I made it twice last week for us at home and back in the days of being a private chef, it was on the weekly rotation. It’s a hit. It’s light, clean and super flavorful. You could even throw in some chicken instead of shrimp if that’s more of your thing.
Check out some of my favorite Shrimp Recipes here:
Goat Cheese and Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli florets only, pulsed in a food processor until finely chopped
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the hot oil and cook, 2 minutes on each side, until pink and fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the skillet once cooked and set aside.
- Place the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil back into the skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes until translucent and the tomatoes are slightly cooked.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and sauté for 2-3 minutes until bright green. Add the goat cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine until you have a creamy consistency. Add more of the reserved water if needed to ensure a creamy consistency. Add the cooked pasta and the cooked shrimp and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.