Exactly 1 month from today, on August 25th, I’m getting hitched. You guys, it feels like yesterday when I got engaged. Where on earth have these last 10 months gone? There is still so much to be done! All the little DIY projects. Homemade favors. Handmade ceramic salt and pepper cellars. Fun rustic wood accents. Picking out our wedding bands. And figuring out how the heck I’m going to do my hair for the big day.
I’m thinking of wearing it down, because it’s not super long and I can’t have a crazy messy pretty bun like I want. But I don’t really know. How did you ladies wear your hair on your big day? And for the guys out there, what do you prefer? Hair up or hair down? Is one style sexier? Or more classic? These are very important questions that just need to be addressed. I mean, I’m curious! I also am curious how many people actually drink coffee at the end of a wedding. I’d rather eat a Cappuccino Brownie.
All these questions and things mean 1 big thing. I need lots and lots of energy. And that energy comes in the form of a super dense and chewy brownie. With espresso. And milk. So basically its a Cappuccino Brownie. And I may or may not have had these for breakfast the last 2 days. It gives me a little pep to my step. And it’s just that extra kick you need! Plus, we all know that espresso or coffee really makes those chocolate flavors jump out at ya! And who doesn’t love a good brownie!
So the Cappuccino Brownies were born.
And you should make them. And then share them with your friends. And trust me, they will thank you. Especially if they like Cappuccinos. Or chocolate. Or super chocolaty dense gooey brownies. So basically, you can’t go wrong.
So here ya go… the Cappuccino Brownies!
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot milk
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with spray or line it with parchment and set aside.
- Combine the espresso powder and hot milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the dark chocolate and butter to a medium sized saucepan and place over medium heat. Let the butter and chocolate melt together and then add the espresso infused milk. Once everything is completely melted, add the cocoa powder and white sugar and stir to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and stir. Carefully stir in the flour until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place the baking pan into your oven and let the brownies bake for 30 minutes and then remove. Let the brownies cool to room temperature before serving. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!