I’m bringing out one of my favorite recipes from culinary school today…. Chicken Mushroom Marsala! It’s a throw back to my French roots from culinary school, and while it sounds fancy, it’s also easy to make. And the mushroom situation going on here is probably going to have you licking your plate clean.
Here’s the play by play…
Chicken Mushroom Marsala
- 4 chicken breasts sliced in half to create 4 thin pieces of chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- ¼ cup French Red Wine
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- Fresh herbs for seasoning
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauté pan.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence and lightly dust with flour.
- Sear the chicken in the olive oil butter mixture for 2-3 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chopped shallots and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown. Deglaze with the French Red wine and add chicken stock. Reduce the liquid until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately.
- Scatter the top with fresh herbs
This looks fabulous! What a great idea for dinner this week. Your mushrooms look completely gorgeous. Whenever I cook mushrooms I always hear Julia Child’s voice in my head saying “don’t crowd the mushrooms!” Ha!
I like how the pots have a volume marker INSIDE! That is brilliant!
Those pans stack so well! They look like they would fit perfectly into my cabinets.
Love these pans! Perfect for my small kitchen in my studio apartment !!! So chic too
This sounds SO good! I love the chicken and mushroom combination, leftovers would make a great chicken and mushroom pie.
Wow… I need that pan!! I am going to Bloomingdales today!!
love these pans!
So excited to try my new pans! Just ordered these.
Obsessed with these pans! Excited to them, and they are a great gift idea too.
My cabinets are a mish mash of pots and pans I have inherited and a few I have purchased over the years. I think I should treat myself to these! And I would love to have some space freed up for other things!
The chicken looks wonderful as well, but I can’t take my eyes off of the cookware!!
This used to be one of my favorites! I need to make it again!
This recipe looks so good! I love all of the wild mushrooms. These pans look super awesome and easy to organize.
chicken marsala has always been one of my favorite meals, and I NEVER make it – that needs to change soon | this looks beyond delicious
Whoa, those are so legit. I am ocd in the organizing department too, these are amazing!
Love everything about this and desperately need some recipes to use fresh herbs. Pots are absolutely gorgeous!
Those pots and pans are gorgeous. I’d love to have them in my new kitchen, and then to cook up a batch of this amazing marsala!
What a delicious dinner idea! I need to make this for my family soon!
I need to rock my kitchen’s world! Gorgeous. And Chicken Marsala is one of our faves – love the fresh herbs.