How has What’s Gaby Cooking been around for so many years and yet we’ve never talked about Chicken Shish Kabobs?!? These things are the BEST.
My dad makes the best Chicken Shish Kabobs ever and I’ve taken his recipe and added my spin because THAT’S HOW I ROLL. Everything is perfectly seasoned with my Go To Seasoning blend. The chicken is threaded on the skewers nice and tight so everything stays juicy. It’s served with basil vinaigrette because hello, have you tried it yet? GAME CHANGER. You get the idea.
This is one of those recipes that’s going to be in your weekly summer rotation starting today! Whip these Chicken Shish Kabobs up, serve them with a big salad, or a bowl of pasta or rice, or wrap them in some pita and add some grilled veggies… you get the idea. They are so good, you’ll want to eat them every which way! And if you want to switch it up sometime, use the cilantro vinaigrette instead. Just as good and a totally different flavor profile!
- 3 tablespoons Gaby’s Go To Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges/sliced for serving
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken (thighs and/or breasts), cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Combine the seasoning, olive oil red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl; whisk to combine. Add in the chicken. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill over medium-high heat. Thread chicken pieces on skewers, dividing equally. Discard marinade in bowl. Sprinkle each skewer with additional gaby’s go-to seasoning.
- Grill chicken until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer skewers to platter. Serve with basil vinaigrette and extra lemon wedges
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!