I should have dubbed this week the week of carbs. But I didn’t. So there’s that. There’s also this situation happening right this very second with these Twice Baked Potatoes. They are EVERYTHING.
These aren’t just any Twice Baked Potatoes guys. They are Twice Baked Potatoes loaded with sharp cheddar, chipotle peppers, scallions and a bit of sour cream. Pretty much an ode to the Southwest in Baked Potato form. Totally normal right? Normal and life changing. You’re welcome in advance. As I sit here writing this, I’m actually a little upset I didn’t top them with crumbled bacon – so if you’re making them at home, feel free to throw some bacon in the filling or on top. I 100% approve and I’m also 100% sure it would up the ante even more on what is already a delicious recipe!
Happy potato-ing! Is that even a thing? I might have lost my mind. #lackofsleep
Chipotle Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large bella blanca or yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus 1 tablespoon melted for brushing
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes directly on the rack in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Pierce each potato in a couple spots with a fork and continue to bake until tender, about 30 minutes more. Remove potatoes from the oven, and turn the heat down to 375 degrees F.
- Hold the potato with an oven-mitt or towel, trim off the top of the potatoes to make a canoe-like shape. Carefully scoop out most of the potato into a bowl. Take care to leave enough potato in the skin so the shells stay together. Mash the potato lightly with fork along with 2 tablespoons of the butter and sour cream. Stir in the scallion, chipotle pepper, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Season the skins with salt and pepper. Refill the shells with the potato mixture mounding it slightly. Brush the reserved top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the potatoes and lids on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potato filling and bake for 2-3 minutes more until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Extra scallions to garnish if needed.
These look so yummy!
Dinner!!!!!! Just adding a salad!
Oh wow..l am trying these on Friday! Yummy!
Yummy! These baked potatoes must be soooo good!
Feelin these taters big time. Have been into the Yukon gold as well. Made fantastical mashed on Turkey Day, so twice baked will be luscious. Thanks for another good one sweetheart! Happy Holidays!
Any chance you can make these ahead and freeze?