Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are hands down some of the most delectable treats I have ever eaten. Not to mention super easy and a total crowd pleaser. They are almost like regular homemade rice krispie treats but the addition of chocolate chips and cocoa powder takes these treats over the top and boy are they satisfying.
A few weeks ago at Blogher Food I finally got to meet the fabulous women behind Three Many Cooks. Omg. They are fabulous!! And so is their new book Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers by Pam Anderson of Three Many Cooks. And the best part about these recipes besides the fact that they are delicious, is that they are all made in 1 pot!! Can we say total time saver on dishes!! Pam makes cooking and entertaining, no matter what day of the week, a pleasure as she pairs appetizers, main courses and desserts in her latest cookbook.
This past week I decided to throw a little one dish dinner party for some of my friends here in LA! I made numerous dishes from their book including the Beef Carnitas (amazing), guacamole (most favorite dish on the entire planet) and ceviche (who doesn’t love an awesome ceviche!) … and to polish the meal off I treated my guests to these Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. Holy cow. Life changing deliciousness was the result. You absolutely have to make these immediately!!
And… to make that task super easy, I am giving away 3 copies of Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this page and let me know what your favorite one-dish meal is!!
For extra entries:
1. Follow @WhatsGabyCookin on Twitter
2. Follow What’s Gaby Cooking on Facebook
*Please leave a separate comment for extra entries. Also, make sure you leave your email so I can contact you if you are the winner.*
You have until Friday night, October 29th, at 7:00 p.m. PST to enter. The winner will be chosen randomly and announced on Monday morning.
Chocolate Rice Krispies
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 16- ounce package mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the top of the parchment paper again. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium high heat and add the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Remove skillet from heat and add the rice krispies and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to incorporate the mixture. Transfer the mixture into the prepare baking pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Let set for about 15 minutes until cool and then dig in!
Check out more fabulous posts about Sunday Supers from Three Many Cooks!