Game day vibes are strong here on WGC this week! And today it’s coming in the form of these Game Day Coconut White Chocolate Muddy Buddies. It’s a white chocolate, coconut, powdered sugar extravaganza and you’re not going to want to miss it.
As you know, my love of all things Chex™ cereal related runs DEEP. It’s been a Dalkin family tradition for decades to make all sorts of different Chex creations over the holidays but here’s the deal… it’s not just for the holidays guys. Game day is the perfect excuse to break out the mixing bowls and whip up a crowd pleasing snack like these Game Day Coconut White Chocolate Muddy Buddies.
If you’ve been living under a rock and have never made Muddy Buddies before, welcome to your new normal. The traditional recipe calls for chocolate and peanut butter, but I think we all know by now that peanut butter in desserts isn’t my jam. So instead this version is white chocolate, coconut oil and almond butter. It’s truly a match made in Chex heaven! I used Rice and Wheat Chex for this one - but feel free to use your favorite Chex cereal variety if you prefer!! The chocolate Chex is BANANAS good… just FYI.
It’s the ultimate snack food for any upcoming game day parties! Make a double or triple batch and freeze the leftovers… you will be obsessed!
Coconut White Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Footballs
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place the two kinds of Chex in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips, almond butter, and coconut oil in a microwavable-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each increment, until you can stir the mixture to a smooth consistency. Then add the chocolate extract and salt.
- Pour the white chocolate almond butter mixture over the cereal, stirring until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour into a super large, resealable plastic bag and add half of the powdered sugar. Shake until well coated. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mini chocolate chips and shake again. Spread onto the lined baking sheet and allow to cool entirely.
- Melt the dark chocolate for the chocolate footballs. Dip a handful of the prepped and cooled muddy buddies into the melted dark chocolate and cover to coat. Let cool entirely. Once cooled, melt the white chocolate and transfer into a plastic bag and snip the edge so you can use it for drawing the football laces onto the chocolate covered Chex. Cool entirely before adding the chocolate Chex back into the mix.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. I prefer the freezer so it last forever and ever, and I can eat it whenever the mood strikes.