We’re coming in hot today with Creamy Tomato Burrata Pasta with Rao’s Homemade!!! I mean, it’s Monday, and it’s our time to shine!
Who doesn’t love a creamy chicken and cheese pasta recipe… I mean, is there anything better? It’s the foundation of what we grew up on when we needed a quick and delicious weeknight meal. Chicken, cheese, pasta and the best jarred tomato sauce on the planet.
If you’ve been following me on social media, and watching my IG Lives, you already know that I’m a diehard Rao’s Homemade tomato sauce fan. I have it stocked in bulk in my pantry at all times. I use it for chicken parm, eggplant parm, this pasta, bolognese sauce, etc. If there’s any kind of red sauce involved, Rao’s is the only answer.
So next time you’re in a pickle on what to make for dinner, remember this recipe!! Or if you need some other inspiration, check out the new Reci-moji texting platform that Rao’s just launched. It’s brilliant. First, this recipe is IN THE PLATFORM, so get excited if it pops up for you!! Second, here’s the deal. Simply text your fav food emojis to S-A-U-C-Y (72829) and Rao’s Homemade will send you back a recipe inspired by your picks.
For example, if you send an eggplant, tomatoes and cheese in to the platform, you can bet you’ll be getting an epic eggplant parmesan recipe back your way. If you send a that chicken leg emoji, some cheese, and pasta, you might get this recipe back your way.
And it comes complete with step by step instructions and images. I’m legit upset I didn’t think of this first 🙂
All of the recipes will feature Rao’s Homemade (best sauce on the planet) made with the finest ingredients… so do yourself a favor and go stock up now so you can never be far from a delicious meal when it’s dinner time!
So let’s get to it! I live for all the flavors – and the beauty of the recipe below is that you can use Arrabbiata, Marinara, Four Cheese, Roasted Garlic or Tomato Basil Rao’s Homemade Sauce and each will give this Creamy Tomato Burrata Pasta dish a slightly different spin.
Creamy Tomato Burrata Pasta
- 1 lb medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken (dark meat preferred)
- 1 jar
Rao’s Homemade® Tomato Basil Sauce (Marinara Sauce, Four Cheese Sauce, Roasted Garlic Sauce and Arrabbiata all also work)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more as needed
- 4 ounces fresh burrata
- fresh basil to garnish
- Cook the shells according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for a 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Add the ground chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes until fully cooked. Pour in the Rao’s Homemade Sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks.
- Turn off the heat and stir in cream. Add the parmesan to taste, and season to taste. If the sauce is still quite thick, add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to thin to out.
- Stir the cooked shells into the pasta sauce and garnish with basil and torn burrata and serve immediately.