This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Original Donut Shop® Coffee from Keurig®
Let’s just get right down to business shall we? Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies are happening and life will never be the same.
Where do we even start today? Before we get to the best brownies the world has ever seen (recipe inspired by one my grandma used to make us as kids) let’s talk about the fact that I never had a cup of coffee until college. Clearly I hadn’t lived. The first time I ever had a coffee it came in the form of a mocha and life pretty much changed before my eyes. I’ve been obsessed with coffee in all ways ever since. Whether it’s a piping hot cup of black coffee in the morning or Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies after dinner (with a hit of those coffee notes that I love), it’s basically the best thing ever.
These brownies are coming your way in partnership with Keurig® and The Original Donut Shop® Coffee which I recently just bought for my sister and I think that officially won me the sister of the year award. Not only is she loving it, but the Keurig® K-Cup® pods are basically what everyone lives off of at the studio on photoshoot days since it’s the easiest and most delicious way to grab a cup of coffee for 8+ people who all want coffee at random intervals throughout the day! And The Original Donut Shop® Coffee is the best because 1: they are medium roast, something my husband schooled me on early in our coffee days as he thinks it’s the best, and 2: can we talk about the packaging and box!? It’s so fun!
So, without further ado, grab yourself a cup of coffee and have at it!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chocolate discs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder and espresso powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined.
- Add the flour and continue to mix.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 parchment lined baking pan. Top with the chocolate chips. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until done. Remove and let cool for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!