Let’s just get right down to business shall we? Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies are happening and life will never be the same.
Where do we even start today? Before we get to the best brownies the world has ever seen (recipe inspired by one my grandma used to make us as kids) let’s talk about the fact that I never had a cup of coffee until college. Clearly I hadn’t lived. The first time I had a coffee, it came in the form of a mocha and life pretty much changed before my eyes. I’ve been obsessed with mochas in all ways ever since.
Chocolate and Coffee are a match made in heaven and these brownies are no exception to that rule!
So, without further ado, grab yourself a cup of coffee and have at it!
Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chocolate discs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar, cocoa powder and espresso powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 parchment lined baking pan. Top with the chocolate chips. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until done. Remove and let cool for 2 hours before slicing and serving.