What’s a Super Bowl party with Fried Chicken Wings?
While I didn’t grow up in the South, Fried Chicken seems to have been following me for the past few years. From my private chef life to friends who have a major soft spot for fried chicken, I’ve made more than my fair share of this delectable meal in my life! And while I normally make it with large pieces of chicken for big friends and family dinners – today it’s all about the finger food for game day!
So fry up a batch of these, slather them in your favorite hot sauce, and your game day is basically ready to go!
Fried Chicken Wings
- 24 pieces chicken wings
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Hot sauce for serving
- Place the chicken wings into a plastic container and cover with buttermilk along with 1 teaspoon of the paprika and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Heat 1/3-inch of oil in a large dutch oven to 325 degrees F.
- Drain chicken in a colander. Combine the salt, remaining paprika, remaining garlic powder, cayenne pepper and thyme leaves with the flour. Liberally dredge the chicken with this mixture and shake off any excess.
- Place chicken wings into the pan, a few at a time. The oil should cover about 1/2 of the chicken wing. Using a pair of tongs, carefully flip the wings and continue to fry until fully cooked and golden brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken on a rack over a sheet pan and serve with hot sauce and ranch dressing or blue cheese dip
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
Your fried chicken looks delicious! I just bought new coconut oil and I could imagen that add just another dimension to your dish. Have to try it. Great inspiration tough with the hot sauce!
I was seriously just thinking, “How can I make spicy fried chicken wings that aren’t messy?” You read my mind!!! Love this!!!
You’re a genius. FRIED chicken WINGS. Genius, I tell ya.
Josh will love these! yummo