Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings. They are pretty much my new favorite game-day recipe. Why? Because who doesn't love wings + cheese + bacon. It's a pretty perfect combination if you ask me. Throw on a side of homemade ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing and a few crispy stalks of celery and call it a day.
I'll be sharing my favorite game day recipes with you guys for the next 2 weeks and I'm excited today is all about these Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings. By the time we're done here on What's Gaby Cooking, (wings, dips, snacks, burgers, sliders, bars, chips, you name it) you'll be so well equipped to throw the ultimate game day viewing party! In fact, you might be roped into throwing all game day parties from here on out! #sorrynotsorry
So it's not a party without wings, am I right? Game day grub is all about stuff you can eat with you hands because trying to watch the game and balancing a plate would just be too much work. Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings are kind of a mash up of a bacon cheeseburger and a plate of wings. You get the best of both worlds and I'm 100% on board. If you are have vegetarian guests coming in too, check out the buffalo cauliflower.
Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- 2 pounds chicken wings split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery cleaned and trimmed
- ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the strips of bacon on a metal rack on top of a baking sheet and pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon and the metal rack from the baking sheet and set aside.
- Toss the chicken wings with the paprika, salt and pepper. Toss them onto the bacon sheet and mix with the bacon drippings. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken wings are fully cooked and the skin is crispy.
- Break the bacon into pieces. Toss together the cheese and the bacon and set aside.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the bacon cheddar mixture. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and let the cheese melt for about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with ranch and celery sticks.