My latest obsession is this new buffalo cauliflower recipe and it’s surprisingly easy to make! The secret is in the sauce – you’ll want to make sure you have a good, hot sauce on hand. Serve this up as an appetizer at your next party or game day get-together and watch it disappear!
If you’ve never had the pleasure of having Buffalo Cauliflower before, today is your day. It’s the one of my favorite ways to prepare Cauliflower and I will forever have all the ingredients on hand to whip this up at a moments notice.
There’s a wildly expensive grocery store here in LA that makes some of the most insane Buffalo cauliflower I’ve ever had – hello Erewhon I love you but I’ll be FLAT broke if I shop there every week. So instead of going there every time the craving strikes, I do myself (and my wallet) a favor by making my own version at home. The subtle heat playing off the creamy cauliflower with the crisped edges is so munch-worthy that this pretty much qualifies as a snack.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it’s roasted rather than fried. Most versions you see in the wild, be it Erewhon or at a restaurant, are battered and fried. And while that is utterly delish, I don’t have time to do that when the cravings strike!
What is buffalo cauliflower made of?
- Olive Oil
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
What to serve with buffalo cauliflower:
I see this dish as a perfect side for any game day spread. Its basically healthy buffalo chicken.
- Football / Game Day Recipes
- Spinach Dip with Tortilla Chips
- Carne Asada Nacho Fries
- Lemon Pepper Parmesan Wings
- Fried Chicken Wings
- Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings (the less healthy buffalo cauliflower alternative)
- Carnitas Skillet Nachos
- Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn (from Two Peas and Their Pod)
So, if you’re looking for an easy, delicious dish for lunch or dinner, look no further than this easy buffalo cauliflower. It will definitely satisfy your cravings!
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into medium sized florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Garlic labneh to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, gently tossing the cauliflower halfway through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove. In a small bowl whisk together the hot sauce and melted butter. Turn the oven to broil. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower florets and toss well to coat.
- Transfer the sheet pan back into the oven and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until extra crispy. Adjust seasoning as needed.