Hey everyone! Wanted to share with you this recipe for a Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich. It's really easy to make and is perfect for cookouts or potlucks. The pork is slow cooked in a delicious sauce made with pineapples, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Then it's shredded and served on a soft bun with grilled pineapple and red onions. Yum!
This sweet and spicy Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich is the perfect slow cooker meal and feeds a crowd!
One of the most frequent requests I get this time of year is for slow cooker recipes!! Ask and I will deliver! This easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is the easiest thing to make in the morning and 8 hours later... dinner is ready. It's only 5 minutes of prep and then 5 minutes of shredding and you're in business. The recipe below is obviously using the pulled pork in sandwich form, but this recipe is also delicious in a grilled cheese, on top of a rice bowl, etc.
The Hawaiian pulled pork sandwich is a delicious spin on the traditional pulled pork recipe. By using a few simple ingredients, you can create this tasty dish in your own kitchen. We hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
Looking for other pulled pork sandwiches and recipes? Check these out:
Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 2.5 pounds pork butt cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15-ounce can cubed pineapple discard the juice
- 3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado optional
- Brioche buns
- Cut the pork butt into 2 inch pieces. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients on top of the pork butt and cover with the lid. Set on low heat and cook for 8 hours until the pork is falling apart.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork while still in the slow cooker and then let it soak up the remaining juice.
- Serve the Hawaiian Pulled Pork on a Brioche bun. Add sliced avocado if desired.