Stepping things up a notch this Monday morning with Grilled Burrata Pizza with Crispy Prosciutto and Fried Basil!
My motto for summer 2017 is going to be… when in doubt add burrata. It feels like the right thing to do. And it’s especially right on this Grilled Burrata Pizza with Crispy Prosciutto and Fried Basil.
Here's the deal. There are only 4 elements to this one and I can promise you, you’ll be obsessed. Let’s start at the bottom shall we. Grab any of the varieties of the FlatOut Pizza Flatbread available and fire it up on the grill. Once you have some grill marks, slather some creamy burrata on top. Then top with with fried pieces of prosciutto. If you’ve never made fried prosciutto before, get ready to have your world rocked. Just places a few pieces in a hot non stick skillet and let it crisp up over medium heat. Once it’s crispy, remove and break up as needed. It’s the perfectly salt and crispy bit on top of the creamy cheese. Then all that’s left is some fried basil on top and voila. Game over.
Grilled Burrata Pizza with Crispy Prosciutto and Fried Basil
- 1 large FlatOut Pizza Flatbread
- Pinch of crunchy sea salt such as Maldon
- 1-2 balls Burrata
- 6 piece prosciutto fried whole until crispy
- 8-10 small piece of basil fried whole until crispy
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Brush the grill with a bit of oil.
- Place the flatbread directly onto the grill. Grill the dough for about 1-2 minutes with the lid closed. Using a pair of tongs, lift the lid, and flip the flatbread over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The flatbread should have grill marks on both sides.
- Once the flatbread is grilled, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over the pizza and slather with the burrata cheese all over the bottom, leaving just a little bit of “crust”. Sprinkle on top with the crispy prosciutto and crispy basil. Season with salt and pepper and cut into pieces wedges. Serve immediately.