It's was a sad day over here a few weeks ago when I found out the Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette was being discontinued. I've been told this a few times in the past, but the sales associate told me that this time it was for good. I AM GUTTED.
That vinegar was so good and so easy to make into an easy dressing to lightly dress just about any salad. I bought it every single time I made a trip!! So what's a girl to do... figure out how to make it at home obviously! Here's the run down... it was an Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar... so you really just need to flavor from fresh orange juice, champagne vinegar (or red wine vinegar) and then you're in business. The great thing about that discontinued vinegar is that you really just needed a tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and you were in business. So we're keeping things equally as easy with the below recipe for Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette so you can make it in bulk and use it throughout the week!
Want to turn this into a main course salad? Here are a few of my favorite salad add-ons to bulk it up a bit and really make this Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette sing!
- Grilled or Broiled Salmon
- Grilled Chicken
- Seared Steak
- Marinated Chickpeas
- Roasted Vegetables (ie: sweet potatoes, squash etc)
Knock Off Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons worth)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients until emulsified and then drizzle on salad.