My favorite way to beat the heat this summer – DIY flavored Iced Tea like these Mango and Raspberry Iced Teas!
I tend to buy a LOT of fruit at my farmers market every week. I mean, way more than two humans could possible consume – so I’m always using fruit in a variety of ways so none of it goes to waste. Sometimes I cut it up and put it into a salad, sometimes I slice it up and freeze it for smoothies, and sometimes I turn it into purees so I can add it to some tea and enjoy it on a hot day! Or a hot muggy day like today – I mean it feels like I’m living in Florida. Dear California, this is not what I signed up for.
These beauties are one of my most recent creations for my friends over at Better Homes and Gardens + Gold Peak tea and you should probs make them this week, weekend, month, and forever and ever!
Mango and Raspberry Iced Tea
- 6 bottles Gold Peak Sweet Tea or Gold Peak Green Tea
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 16 ounces frozen sliced mangos
- 16 ounces frozen raspberries
- Fresh fruit and mint for garnish
- Cook the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- For mango puree: Thaw a bag of frozen sliced mango, then puree in a blender with 1/2 cup of the sugar syrup. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and transfer to a bottle or jar.
- For raspberry puree: Thaw a 16-ounce bag of frozen raspberries, then puree in a blender with 1/2 cup of the sugar syrup. Strain and store in a bottle or jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. When ready, mix your desired flavor of Gold Peak tea with the fruit purees and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh fruit and mint.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Gorgeous! But you forgot to spike them 🙂 Pinned!
These look like they are the perfect thing to cool down with on a hot day! I can’t wait to try this! So pretty as well.