My favorite way to beat the heat this summer - DIY flavored Iced Tea like these Mango and Raspberry Iced Teas!
I tend to buy a LOT of fruit at my farmers market every week. I mean, way more than two humans could possible consume - so I'm always using fruit in a variety of ways so none of it goes to waste. Sometimes I cut it up and put it into a salad, sometimes I slice it up and freeze it for smoothies, and sometimes I turn it into purees so I can add it to some tea and enjoy it on a hot day! Or a hot muggy day like today - I mean it feels like I'm living in Florida. Dear California, this is not what I signed up for.
These beauties are one of my most recent creations for my friends over at Better Homes and Gardens + Gold Peak tea and you should probs make them this week, weekend, month, and forever and ever!
Mango and Raspberry Iced Tea
- 6 bottles Gold Peak Sweet Tea or Gold Peak Green Tea
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 16 ounces frozen sliced mangos
- 16 ounces frozen raspberries
- Fresh fruit and mint for garnish
- Cook the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- For mango puree: Thaw a bag of frozen sliced mango, then puree in a blender with ½ cup of the sugar syrup. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and transfer to a bottle or jar.
- For raspberry puree: Thaw a 16-ounce bag of frozen raspberries, then puree in a blender with ½ cup of the sugar syrup. Strain and store in a bottle or jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. When ready, mix your desired flavor of Gold Peak tea with the fruit purees and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh fruit and mint.