I’m beyond pumped to get into some lighter recipes here on WGC and it all starts with this Tropical Avocado Salad!
One of my favorite quick and easy and COLORFUL salads of all times. This Tropical Avocado Salad is perfect to usher in spring and get a healthy dose of fruits and veggies. Plus it’s loaded with avocado, and you know I’m on a constant quest to eat as much avocado as humanly possible on a regular basis. If there was a day that went back that I didn’t have an avocado in some way, shape or form, I’d be concerned. I don’t even know what that would look like!!!
So here’s todays daily dose of avo! It comes complete with thinly sliced mango, pomegranate seeds, arugula, a SUPER easy vinaigrette and some baby cucumbers. It’s crunchy and smooth at the same time with bursts of flavor and texture from the pomegranate seeds. You can’t go wrong!!
Tropical California Avocado Salad
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1 mango seeded and cut
- 2 avocados sliced
- 3 Persian cucumbers sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl arrange the arugula, red onion, mango, pom seeds, avocado, and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, combine the freshly juiced orange juice and champagne vinegar. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking together to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and toss. Taste and add more dressing if needed being careful not to add too much.