I mean, what’s not to love about a plate of Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches? NOTHING! They are the best things in the entire world.
It’s my award winning chocolate chip cookie recipe and some vanilla bean laced ice cream in between – what’s not to love?
Check out the entire spread I did for Anthropologie plus more recipes to put together the most epic Memorial Day menu of all times!
- 8 ½ ounces cake flour
- 8 ½ ounces bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarse salt,
- 10 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 12 ounces dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups 72% dark chocolate discs, roughly chopped
- Fleur de sel salt for sprinkling
- 2-3 pints vanilla ice cream
- Combine the cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and coarse salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixer add the butter and sugars and mix for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl in between. Add the vanilla and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate discs and fold them into the batter. Cover the dough and and refrigerate dough for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 1/4 cup sized cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, 12 cookies per sheet and sprinkle the tops with fleur de sel. Bake the cookies for 16-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop some ice cream and sandwich it between two cookies. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!